Friday, October 10, 2008

Coffee, thou art my lover

Now I understand why the majority of adults with children drink copious amounts of coffee. I used to be a one-mug gal myself. I never really felt the need to drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day. One cup, and I was good to go for the rest of the day.
That is, until I had Jordan. I love my little guy, don’t get me wrong. What I don’t love is the lack of sleep. He’s doing better — he only wakes up twice in the night. However, lately he’s been getting up around 4 and not going back to sleep until 6 or so. And that leaves me looking like the walking dead.
So I compensate the only way I know how—coffee. This morning I had one cup, and then at work, I had another. I’m sure I’ll have yet a third cup around 3 p.m., when the afternoon slump hits.
I never had such an addiction to coffee.

1 comment:

Gatsby said...

You'll graduate to speed during the toddler years