Lately, Jordan and I have added a new ritual to our bedtime routine—negotiating. Actually, it’s more him telling me he needs to do something and then not doing it.
At school, they’re potty training him, so he knows what going to the potty means. He also knows it’s a great way to get out of going to bed. The past couple nights, it’s gone something like this:
Me: Ok, night night.
Jordan: Poop?
Me: You have to poop?
Jordan: Yeaaaahhhh….
Me: Ok, let’s go poop.
He then happily bolts out the door the minute I open it and goes straight to the living room to play. No poop. So I pick him up, bring him back to his room, and start to put him in his crib. To which he responds, “Poop?”
sigh.
“You really have to go?”
“Yeaaahhh…”
This time, he actually goes into the bathroom, but just sits on the toilet, gleefully swinging his legs. No pooping. So, it looks like my kid has mastered the art of bullsh***ing. Great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment