
Here ya go. The first shot of our little lima bean.
The doctor gave us an in-depth rundown of how we can expect this pregnancy to go. To summarize -- there will be doctors. And more doctors. And when you think they're gone? More doctors.
I'm scheduled for my next appointment in two weeks, and in the interim, I'll also be seeing a maternal-fetal medicine doctor, or a specialist in high-risk mommies and babies.
My doctor also recommended I go to a cardiologist, just to make sure the ticker is ok.
My next normal doc appointment is scheduled for two weeks from now. I'll be having lots of sonograms and visiting ALOT more often. I don't know how I plan on pulling this off during the first trimester.
After the 24th week, I'll be getting a sonogram every three weeks. Needless to say, my blood pressure will be closely monitored. She also mentioned the possibility of bedrest should my blood pressure rise. And if things really hit the fan, then I'll be transferred to the Texas Women's hospital/Children's Hospital downtown. If you're a fan of TLC's "The Little Couple," you'd know that's where she works as a neonatologist. But let's hope I won't need to have a celebrity encounter.
Other than that, baby is looking good!
No comments:
Post a Comment