Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Remembering the past, looking toward the future

In Jordan's brief lifetime, a lot has happened, culturally speaking. When he was born, the first black president was elected. And then shortly thereafter, that same president led the charge on finding and abolishing a mastermind terrorist who changed all of our lives forever.

It's remarkable.

All that to say, I wonder how he'll reminisce upon these massive events when he's older? Granted, he's too young to remember any of it right now, but how will life change? I think back to when we were born in 1974 and '75. We just got out of Vietnam and Nixon cemented the term "corrupt politician." I don't remember any of this personally, but the cultural impact is important all the same.

Sunday is a day that will be forever remembered in history, along with the events of 9/11. I will never forget.

No comments: