We have three more days before d-day. How appropriate that my delivery date is the day after Labor Day.
Yesterday, I went in for my pre-op. Normally, it's done the day before, but seeing as how my c-section is scheduled for the day following a holiday, it had to be done the Friday before. They took some blood, checked my vitals, took more blood, gave me instructions for the big day, and took even more blood. Did I mention they took blood?
As I was reading over the instructions, I noticed it said I couldn't wear contacts. Huh?! Here I am, the most vain person on earth, she who prepares for her delivery by getting her nails and hair done, and I'm told I can't wear contacts??? I've read online that they tell you not to wear contacts in case you have an emergency and your eyes roll back into your head or something stupid like that. Well, I can safely say I've been through an emergency where my eyes rolled into the back of my head and guess what? My eyes and contacts came out fine, thank you very much.
Not to mention the fact that I'm blind as a bat and I'd like to be able to see my baby when he's born.
So come d-day, I plan on rolling in, hair meticulously styled and nails carefully painted with nary a spectacle on my face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment