Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Back so soon?

There's so much that's different this time around than when I had Jordan. Well, the big one was the delivery, obviously.

But the other is the fact that I'll be going back to work sooner. It turns out, my short term disability is drying up, so if I don't go back to work next week, I'll be without a paycheck for the entire month of November. And with Christmas around the corner, that's unacceptable. So I've decided to go back next week. How I'm going to deal with the lack of sleep or the fact that I don't fit into any of my clothes, I don't know. I may just be relegated to wearing the same outfit over and over again. And the whole, "Should I cut my hair?" conversation has come up again. My thinking is that shorter hair will be faster to style. Right now, I barely have time to put makeup on, let alone style this monsterous mane of mine. It literally takes me an hour to do my hair. Plus, it's really dry. Not sure if it's the hormones or what.

In a way, I'm ok with going back to work since I've been home since August, and truth be told, I'm going stir-crazy. The other thing is, my mom will watch Baby B next week at our home, so I'll be able to go home and see him during lunch and in the afternoon.

Still, I'll miss my little boy.

Yesterday, he had his two month checkup. He weighed in at 11 lbs 7 ounces, in the 54 percentile. No surprise there. The kid loves to eat! He now measures 22 inches.

In other developments, he's already smiling and cooing. In fact, the first person he smiled at was my uncle George. We were at a funeral (of all places) for my aunt, and my uncle started cooing at him. Lo and behold, Brendan flashed him a big smile. It put a big ray of sunshine on an otherwise sad event.

No comments: