Man, these past couple of weeks have flown by. We just had our baby shower last weekend and it already seems like an eternity has passed.
We had a great time and it was so good to see everyone! The weather was a bit hot. In fact, I'm sure it hit 100 degrees at one point! But with all the great friends and family there, it didn't even matter.
In the days leading up to the shower, the gifts started rolling in. First to come was the much-talked about (and anticipated) Uppa Baby stroller, courtesy of my parents. The minute it came, Jon immediately put it together and soon thereafter we went outside like total dorks and took pictures. I'm sure our neighbors were wondering what the hell we were doing. One elderly couple even stopped to see if they could take a picture of the "three of us," thinking there was an actual baby in the stroller.
But really, the best gift came on Friday. I had a week from hell at work and was so busy I barely had time to breathe. It was so bad, I had Jon run an errand for me Friday afternoon. He called me when he was downstairs to come pick up whatever it was I had him get me and my bestest friend in the whole world Krista greeted me! Turns out she flew in from Florida to surprise me! And man, was I surprised. I really had no idea she was planning on coming to Austin. And it turns out Jon, Dave AND Lisa and Darren were in on it! Given my intrepid reporter skills, I can't believe I didn't see this coming.
Overall, it was a fantastic weekend. We really couldn't have asked for more!
1 comment:
Aww, I love you, G! I am so glad we were able to surprise you!
It was such a fun shower and it made me so happy to finally see you pregnant!!! Thank goodness Jordan responds to his Aunt Krista... I'm so glad I got to feel him move.
OH! And I forgot how hot it is in Texas?! Haha.
Post a Comment