Saturday, May 24, 2008

Third trimester woes


I'm 32 weeks along, and -- dare I say it? -- it's almost time to retire the heels. Not all of them, mind you. Just the 4 inchers. Thankfully, my feet haven't swollen to the point of looking like potatoes, but they have been a little puffy lately. So I've invested in some flats as well as some espadrilles.
The things that are happening to my body are unbelievable. I'll save you the graphic details, but suffice it to say it's a little scary.
Scarier yet is the whole idea of the actual labor. Jon and I went to our first childbirthing prep class Thursday. Up until this point, I haven't really been freaked out about the whole labor thing, but after that class, I can genuinely say, HOLY CRAP! I am freaking out!! How do women do it?!
Even the thought of getting an epidural is freaking me out. Oye.
We finally picked a pediatrician, so one thing's been crossed off our list! We still have a lot to do, though. We also picked out a paint color for the nursery. It's called banana split and it's a bright sunny yellow. I think it'll go nicely with the pattern we picked out. Jon spent most of the day painting, while I cleaned out my closet (it's been getting a little crowded what with all the maternity clothes).
So that's the update, folks. We're getting closer!

No comments: