Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First day alone

Jon went back to work today. It was a fast two weeks! Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck. Would I have time to take a shower? Would Jordan cry inconsolably? Would I remember to feed him???

We did ok, afterall. And I did manage to take a shower (around noon, after I was sure he was good and asleep). But even then, it was like a camp shower--fast and furious. The whole time, I was afraid he'd wake up and start bawling. Alas, all that worrying was for naught, because he slept through the whole thing and even slept through my hair drying.

So, I'm sure many of you are wondering what motherhood is like. It's remarkable and scary. And painful. Painful, you say? It's like a Chinese torture camp. Just when you start to fall asleep, you're awaken by a shrill. And then, you have this tiny little being sucking at your boob despite the fact that your nipples are cracked and sore. Sorry for the gory detail, but I've gotta tell it like it is.

But with the bad, ineveitbly comes the good. Looking at Jordan makes me realize how lucky we are, given all the circumstances surrounding his birth. Things could've gone a lot worse (and how weird is it that I had this worst-case scenario after sailing through nine months of pregnancy?) I am so in love with him. I could just stare at his big eyes all day.

Speaking of eyes, we're all waiting on pins and needles to see what color his eyes will turn. Right now, they go between gray and brown. It's hard to tell whether or not his eyes will go dark blue or brown. I'm really holding out for blue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww. So glad all is well in the Greenwood household. You are very blessed indeed and I can't wait to meet him! And blue or brown, he'll still be a cutie!