Friday, August 22, 2008

Houston, we have a giggle

The most amazing thing happened last night around 3 a.m. It was the usual night, with me waking up every two hours to feed Jordan. At his 3 a.m. feeding, I noticed his nostril was wheezing, so I decided to use the snot sucker to extract some boogers. Now, he usually hates this and cries bloody murder. But last night, for some reason, he totally let me squeeze away.

And as I finished and got the offending snot, he giggled. You heard me--giggled. I was in a 3 am, half-awake haze, so when I heard it, I quickly perked up. Could it be?

So I tried again. And he giggled again.

I was beside myself. Not only had he not screamed at the sight of the snot syringe, he actually found it amusing. But just like Bigfoot, there was only one eye-witness to this phenomenon, as Jon was in deep slumber, snoring away. Still, I saw it happen, so I'm hoping it'll happen again soon.

Aside from his new-found love of the bulb syringe, Jordan also now likes to take baths. Before, he'd scream his lungs out at a) the thought of getting naked and b) getting wet. But in the past two baths, he's enjoyed it, splashing the water with his little feet. All up until I accidentally squirted him with cold water. You would've thought I had stabbed him the way he yelped. So that may have killed the deal--we'll see.

No comments: