Just got back from Jordan's one-month check up and I'm happy to say, he now weighs 7 lbs, 5 ounces! A remarkable growth spurt considering just a few weeks ago he weighed 5 lbs, 11 ounces. The doctor was more than pleased.
The weird thing is some newborn onesies are still too big on him. I think it's because he's long and still a little skinny. He's starting to plump up, however, so I imagine he'll be in those adorable outfits everyone keeps buying him in no time.
The way the kid feeds, I can't say I'm too surprised that he's finally gaining weight. Seriously--he's constantly attached at the boob. My mom said we're going to have to find a portable boob for him to feed on when I'm not around.
This weekend was an eventful one for bubby. We went to Houston to visit with Jon's family. His aunt and grandparents--including the grandfather that's Jordan's namesake--were in town. Everyone was head over heels. My dad also happened to be in town, so to say he was excited to see Jordan is an understatment. My dad held him the entire time.
So, he had an exciting weekend and now he's passed out. It was a lot to take in but I think we both needed to get out. It was nice to see family and even nicer to interact with other adults. I love Jon and all, but after a while, there's only so much baby convo to be had.
I'm also happy to say our daily routine is getting to the point to where I can actually sit down and do stuff. Before, I was tied to the couch, feeding and sleeping. He's starting to sleep a little better at night now, therefore I'm getting more sleep, eliminating the need to nap during the day.
Oh--and we also had our friend Sarah, who's a professional photographer, come out and take some portrait photos of him. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I'll make sure to post a couple on the blog.
Sorry--I'm all over the place in this posting, but that's how my life seems lately! Gotta get it all out while I still have the chance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment