Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Here we go again

Well, it appears we’re in for round 2. If you’re here, then you obviously know by now that Jon and I are expecting Baby Greenwood 2.5. Needless to say, we’re very excited.

It’s still really early, as I’m only four weeks along. I’ve already called the doctor and made an appointment for Feb. 3. Surprisingly, she didn’t want to see me sooner, which struck me as odd since I’m considered high risk (at the end of my first pregnancy, I got into a fight with a handrail and, well, the rail won.) But I suppose it makes sense, in a way, since there’s probably not much to monitor in there just yet.

You’re probably wondering if anything’s different this time around. Some things are—for example, I noticed slight changes early on. My sense of smell heightened last week. I could smell every tiny little scent that wafted in the air (which is not a good thing, TRUST ME). . And that uncontrollable fatigue that I experienced with my first – feeling like I got hit by a truck—is back. I swear, I’ve taken naps at almost every lunch break.

One thing that has been different is the queasiness I’ve felt, more so than with my first pregnancy. I started noticing it this weekend. I haven’t upchucked or anything, but I’ve gotten damn close. Oh, and one final symptom. I’ve been a raving bitch. Poor Jon and Jordan. I’ve been trying to tell myself to calm down, but when your hormones are raging, it’s near impossible. I almost lost it this morning when a button popped off my coat (“HOW the HELL am I suppose to stay warm now?! WAHHH!”) But all that will pass, I’m hoping.

I’ll be really interested to see how I feel during our trip to Breckenridge!

No comments: