Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Insomnia

Good morning. I've been awake since 3 a.m. And here it is 6 a.m. with nary a sleepy bone in my body.

Over the past week or so, I've had the worst bout of insomnia. Everyone says it's because my body is gearing itself up to be woken up every two hours when the baby comes, but I think it's because I have too much on my mind. I mean hello?! The date is set for Tues, Sept 6 and all I can think about is "I hope I can make it that long. Come on body, don't fail me now!"

I haven't been able to shut my brain off. Which leads me to the following...

Things I won't miss about being pregnant:

  • Waking up at 3 a.m.
  • The bloatedness
  • The man hands (see bloatedness)
  • Stuffy nose that never seems to clear
  • Aching hips
  • Not being able to walk for long periods of time
  • Feeling like one of those morbidly obese 1,000-lb people that have to be unglued from their couch
  • Hearing that I look great, when I feel miserable
This week, Jon is staying home with me to help me out in my final week of pregnancy. And of course, I'm taking full advantage of it by having him haul me everywhere. Yesterday, we went to Hobby Lobby to get a few decorative touches for the nursery and afterward went over to Macy's to pick up some stuff for me. I way overdid it. Not only was it 106 degrees outside, I haven't walked that much since I can remember. As soon as we got home, I collapsed onto the couch and didn't move for three hours. I hate being debilitated.

So here I am at 6 a.m., thinking about how my life will change in so many ways this time next week. For one, I'll actually be able to walk again. And secondly, well, that part is obvious.

No comments: