I have to thank my lucky stars sometimes for giving me the best friends.
Remember how I said I had nothing ready for the nursery? Well, Krista heard the call, and as a last minute trip, decided to come to Houston to help us paint. And by us, really I mean Jon. Poor Jon has been stretched so thin lately, taking care of me, Rocco and the monkey. So when Krista offered, we more than jumped at the offer.
Ultimately, we picked a blue shade that honestly, I would've never have gone with on my own. That's what I love about Krista; she really helps expand your creativity. She has such a visual eye. That same day, Jon and a friend of our's went to pick up this awesome modern crib I found on Craigslist for $200. Not only did we save $300, but we didn't have to wait a tortuously long three to four weeks to have it delivered.
While Krista and my former coworker and friend Kristina painted away, I lounged around like Cleopatra. Ha! Afterward, Jon made everyone a steak dinner. It was the least we could do to say thanks.
In the end, it all came together rather nicely. I can't believe we finally got it all together. Thanks, no doubt, to the fantastic friends we're so lucky to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment