Sunday, March 16, 2008

Howdy!


Welcome to what will be (or seems to us, anyway) a long journey into parenthood. Jon and I are super excited to finally be able to share the madness behind our mayhem.
To update everyone, I'm officially 22 weeks pregnant. My due date is July 16 (yes during the sweltering Texas summer). Oh, and we're having a boy. His name is Jordan Thomas, named after Jon's grandfather.
So, Jon's been itching to register this entire time and now that we know the sex, we decided to trek over to Babies R Us, otherwise known as our second home. We spent three hours going over what to register for -- no joke. It got so overwhelming that at one point, I told Jon I had to either lie down for a nap in the nursery showroom or go home.
All in all, it was fun, albeit not as fun as I thought it would be. There's a lot to consider when buying baby stuff, aesthetics aside. Of course, our no. 1 concern is the safety of every friggin' product, and only then will we judge if it lives up to our "cute" standard. Being the research nerd that I am, I had every baby product book crammed into my purse.
A much easier decision to make has been in deciding what stroller to get. Jon's been treating this decision as if we're buying a new car. And we've managed to fall in love with the BMW of strollers. Check it out: http://www.uppababy.com
It's the Vista model.
It's pretty space-agey and it folds up nicely, so I can't complain. I, on the other hand, am in full-on nursery mode. I'm still trying to decide on a color scheme, but one thing's for certain--there will be a ton of stuffed frogs. You see, my mother won this gift basket and the amount of stuffed frogs this thing contained was biblical. We initially were going to go with a nautical theme for the nursery, given our love of sailing, but after getting this gift basket and subsequently running into all sorts of frog-themed "signs," if you will, we decided to go with some froggie accents.

So that's what's been going on. Keep posted for more developments. We should be uploading sonogram pics soon...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Jordan Thomas Greenwood already has his own blog! :)
- lis

Unknown said...

I didn't know his official name until now! I love it!!! I am so glad you're doing the blog, it almost makes me feel like I'm there. Because MAN, I wish I was. Congratulations! You look fantastic!

Gatsby said...

You look great! - when I was 22 weeks, I looked like a cow.

mattceni said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing your incubation of the man-child.

Just remember to stock up on things for 16 months on and not all the baby stuff. It will hardly get used. Just a word of advice. :).