Monday, March 17, 2008

Hunger

My appetite has been ravenous lately. I'm chalking it up to the growing baby, but regardless, it's getting a little out of control. Here's a sample of a typical meal for me pre-pregnancy:
Morning: 1 hard boiled egg
Lunch: Salad or a Lean Cuisine that doesn't exceed 300 calories.
Dinner: some sort of lean grilled meat with steamed veggies.

Now:
Morning: bowl of Cheerios with half a banana
9:30: that other half of banana starts looking good. I eat it in 2 seconds flat
10: still hungry. I reach for some Crunch n Munch that I was saving for later.
11: an hour to go to lunch. Can't wait that long!! I eat an apple. It falls empty into my bottomless pit of a stomach.
12: A toasted turkey and cheese sandwich with a handful of Wheat Thins.
1: I'm ok, I'm ok....I'm not hungry
2: Is that my stomach grumbling?
2:45: Hold out for just 30 minutes more! Can't do it. I scarf down a bowl of strawberries and blueberries
6: Sitting here waiting for Jon to come home so he can make dinner. Think I'll have a cupcake while I wait.

Is this normal?! I've never eaten like this in my life!

Everyone's been asking me if I've had cravings. The answer is yes--I crave food.

No comments: