Thursday, January 20, 2011

Early signs

It’s funny. So far, everyone who knows (I’ve only told a few close friends and family) has asked me if I knew I was pregnant before I found out officially. In a weird way, I think I did.

Call it second-mother’s instinct or just being hyper-tuned to my body, but the first symptom I experienced was the heightened sense of smell. I was washing dishes and noticed the smell of lemon coming from somewhere. I looked around to see if Jon had left a sliced up lemon anywhere only to find it resting across the room. “Weird,” I thought. And that’s when it struck me. I knew I had to get a test the next day.

Of course, the other voice in my head told me I was just being silly. But my gut knew what was up. It wasn’t until I sat down and closely examined the calendar that I realized I was late, which is unusual for me since my cycle has been coming early for the past couple weeks.

So here I am, officially 6 weeks pregnant and very much looking forward to my doctor appointment on the 3rd. I wonder if this pregnancy will make the year go by slower or faster?

1 comment:

Edwards. said...

Ahhh...Giselle...we had no idea! Congrats! So exciting!