Man, where has time gone??
In ramping up for baby 3.0, we've kept our gear-buying to a minimum. So far, we haven't gone as crazy buying stuff as we did with Jordan, for obvious reasons (we already have a lot of gear from baby 2.0). But yesterday, we made by far the largest investment of this baby's life. Well, college funds aside.
We bought a new car.
We traded in my much loved (and much hated) Audi for an Acura MDX. I didn't originally intend on getting such a large car. In fact, I was leaning more toward the RDX, which is a smaller, sporty SUV, similar to the Rav 4. The RDX test drive proved to be fun, fast and very much sporty. And very much bouncy. While I was cruising at Mach 5 through some windy curves, something clicked. I realized it was time to grow up. I can't have two kids bouncing around in the back seat of a glorified sports car on higher wheels. The RDX really wasn't that much different from my sporty little Audi.
So I test drove the MDX. And fell in love. It's everything we need. It's spacious, it's a smooth ride, and it's luxurious enough inside that it doesn't feel like a utilitarian vehicle. And it has an optional third row seat. Yes, I'm driving a car with a third row seat. Does that make me a soccer mom?
Perhaps. But at least I'll be able to fit everyone in the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment